Web Content ViewerActions
Pavel Evtimov Gerenski is a long-time employee in the National Customs Agency’s system with in-depth knowledge in the field of customs and excise legislation. In the period from 1994 to 2009 and from 2014 to 2019, he successively held various positions: customs inspector in the RC Kulata (1994 - 2005); Deputy Head of the Sofia Customs RCD, Kulata Customs (2005-2009);Head of RCD Sofia Customs, Kulata Customs (June-Dec 2009), Head of Plovdiv Customs (July 2014 – February 2019) and Director of Trakiyska Territorial Directorate of the National Customs Agency from May 2021 till his appointment to Deputy Director of NCA in May 2021. He graduated from the Technical University, Sofia and holds a Master’s degree in major ‘Electronic Manufacturing Technology’.
Functions of the Director General
The National Customs Agency (NCA) is managed and represented by a NCA Director General (DG). In performing his or her functions, the NCA DG is assisted by three NCA Deputy DGs. The Director General shall delegate powers to the NCA Deputy Directors with an order and shall define their functions.The functions of the NCA Director General, when absent or on its paid annual leave, shall be performed by a NCA Deputy Director designated with its order on case-by-case basis. The Director General of the NCA shall:
The Director General of the NCA shall:
- Represent the Agency;
- Exercise management and control on the performance of its functions and tasks;
- Run directly the activity of the Central Customs Directorate;
- Plan, distribute and administer the utilization of the Agency's budgetary allocations provided;
- Appoint the civil servants, amend and terminate the service relationships with them;
- Coordinated with the Minister of Finance, appoint the directors of directorates in the specialized administration of the Agency and the directors of the Territorial directorates;
- Sign, amend and terminate the labour contracts with the persons, working in the Agency under labour relationship;
- Define the workplace of the NCA officials;
- Grant leaves and deploy NCA officials to business trips;
- Endorse rules for organization of the activity, internal order, salary and bonuses within the NCA;
- Endorse the NCA establishment plan;
- Endorse the job functional specifications for the individual structural units in the Agency;
- Define the job positions for which carrying of service weapons is compulsory;
- Define the special-purpose vehicles;
- Issue certificates for completed professional qualification improvement course to the officials in the customs administration;
- Issue penal orders in the cases, stipulated by law;
- Issue individual administrative acts within the DG powers;
- Propose measures to define customs policies to the Minister of Finance or to a Deputy Minister, designated by the minister;
- Propose the signing of international agreements and joining international conventions in the field of customs to the Minister of Finance or to a Deputy Minister, designated by the minister;
- Cooperate with other bodies on the definition, execution and control of the activities, relating to customs issues;
- Exercise the powers under Art. 7 and 7a of the Ordinance on Border-Crossing Points, adopted with CoM Decree No. 104 of 2002;
- Perform other duties, as assigned by law or other administrative acts.
Deputy Director General
Deputy Director General
Deputy Director General
Functions of the Deputy Directors General
While performing his functions, the NCA Director General shall be assisted by NCA Deputy Directors General.
The NCA DG shall delegate powers to the NCA Deputy Directors General with an order and shall define their functions.
The functions of the NCA Director General, when absent or on its paid annual leave, shall be performed by a NCA Deputy Director General, designated with its order on case-by-case basis.
Functions of the Secretary General
The administrative management of the National Customs Agency (NCA) is carried out by a Secretary General (SG).
The SG manages, coordinates and controls the work of the activity of the administration in line with the legal directions of the NCA Director General (DG) to ensure compliance with the normative acts. The SG shall:
- Organizationally connect the DG and the administrative units within the NCA as well as the administrative units themselves;
- Organize the distribution of tasks among the NCA administrative units;
- Create conditions for normal and efficient operation of the NCA units;
- Control the execution of the tasks, assigned to the administration;
- Control and be responsible for the documents and their storage;
- Endorse internal rules for organisation of administrative services;
- Control the performance of the tasks related to the defence and mobilisation preparation and wartime planning;
- Endorse the job descriptions of the NCA officials.
- Perform also other tasks, assigned by the Director General.